The purpose of the role is to oversee the financial responsibilities of the organization by being a liaison between the District Manager and the Financial Leader/Analyst. The management responsibilities are driven through the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the general office administration staff of both the service and installation teams. The role's focus is to ensure that the local district staff effectively and efficiently supports the achievements of district goals and objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring, measuring and modifying processes and procedures of general office administrative staff to effectively and efficiently meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Oversees the administrative team including hiring, managing, coaching, training, developing and disciplining of service and installation office staff while insuring all monthly business operation goals are meet.
- Responsible for oversight of all financial aspects of the assigned branch(es) within the District to include journal entries, PO processing, billing/invoicing, reconciliation of accounts, preparation of reports for Monthly Operating Review Meeting (MOR).
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of cost center to ensure that all internal transactions are properly recorded and reimbursed through the proper accounts within the organization.
- Responsible for oversight of customers and subcontractor contracts to ensure they are accurately filed, processed, invoiced or paid as appropriate.
- Review documents, such as cost reports, purchase orders, staffing demands, to determine personnel or materials requirements, while requisition and maintain inventories of supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Responsible for the establishment of all subcontractor/supplier accounts.
- Responsible for the oversight of employee payroll processing including tracking of PTO, completion of reports for bargaining employees as applicable, review and submission of employee expense reports for hourly staff.
- Examine and analyze accounting records to determine audit readiness.
- Report to management about audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities
- Responsible for oversight of staff who confer with customers by telephone or email to determine reasons for payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Arrange for payment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong background in management/supervisory function.
- Strong leadership and business acumen
- Ability to read analyze and interpret general business ledgers, financial statements, etc.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, completing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Strong organizational, time management skills
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours, as required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Travel within region as required.