1. Exemplifies and promotes the ethical conduct of the purchasing function in all relationships with in-plant personnel and outside vendor contracts. Maintains compliance with corporate policies, domestic and international trading laws, and other established legal and procedural guidelines.
2. Analyzes, evaluates, and schedules materials to meet customer demand. Identifies value enhancement and cost savings opportunities to plant processes and purchased materials. Recommends actions required to ensure operational effectiveness.
3. Selects and implements optimal lean manufacturing supply chain solutions including using the best possible tools, such as E-commerce, MRP, Kanban, Min/Max, SOMI, VMI, and third-party warehousing.
4. Utilizes information provided by ERP system daily to balance demand and supply of all assigned items. Collaborates with internal and external customers to negotiate and resolve scheduling conflicts, inventory levels, material shortages, other material issues, etc.
5. Initiates new sources for materials along with Global Sourcing. Gathers and monitors relevant data regarding supplier performance to improve lead-time, purchase price, quality, transportation costs, on-time delivery, and initiate and implement corrective actions.
6. Maintains relevant system data elements including lead-time, order policy, safety stock and all order modifiers. Handles responsibility for all facets of inventory control including identification and processing of obsolete, inactive and excess material. Resolves disposition of rejected material within set time period. Coordinates implementation of engineering change orders and pre-releases to achieve phase in/out of material to support operations as well as ensure on-time delivery, inventory objectives and cost effectiveness.
7. Resolves invoice discrepancies.
8. Additional responsibilities as required, such as coordinating interplant shipments between plants within the Company. Scope: $50-100m material flow
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers required.
- Must have knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to read blue prints required.
- One to three years of related materials/planning/purchasing experience preferred.
- Experience with capacity planning and purchasing negotiation preferred.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft program skills preferred.
- Certification through APICS and/or NAPM preferred.