Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service establishments.
• Coordinate Installation or remodel job on-site to include Installers and Helpers and provide Supervision.
• Duties may also include coordinating material and estimation of labor.
• Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Solder copper pipe, including configuring 90 degree, 45 degree, tees and other fittings, diagnose water-leak complaints, remove cases from truck without damage, install PVC drain pipe, recognize major case types, locates and sets superheat specification, receive, uncrate and properly hang blower coils, install orifice and thermostatic expansion valves. Locate refrigeration leak, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, identify pipe size and fittings by sight, power wash air-cooled condensing units, and layout complex coolers.
• Maintain current knowledge of Hussmann new product developments, service bulletins and issues.
• Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies and procedures including OSHA and any local authorities governing requirements.
• Ability to delegate tasks and motivate individuals
• Complete necessary documents, such as time sheets, change orders, and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner for timely invoicing requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge of refrigeration installation maintaining the Installation Hussmann CERTI-TECH certification.
• Develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and direction.
• Maintain and manage truck inventory in a accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
- High School Diploma/Equivalent/Vocational School or 7+ years’ experience in lieu of education
- EPA 608 Certification preferred but not required
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of trade related experience which would include installing refrigeration piping, brazing, setting display cases, condensing units, compressor racks and rooftop condensers.
- Working knowledge of supermarket refrigeration systems, able to read and interpret refrigeration legends, construction drawings and equipment manuals.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required.
• Incentive Plans
• Paid Training
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
• Matching 401K
• Tuition Reimbursement – industry related