About this Role:
You will maintenance supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers. You will diagnose and repair refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will support other technicians as a resource for information and guidance. You will report to the Area Service Manager.
- Perform routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Provide technical guidance, and training to Service Technicians at all levels.
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs resulting in 100% customer satisfaction.
- Repair leaks on racks or single-unit piping.
- Solder with copper-to-brass and copper to steel.
- Diagnose low air flow.
- Install PVC drain pipe, use temperature meters and sensors.
- Install blower coils.
- Locate refrigeration leaks.
- Fabricate hangers, struts, and supports.
- Replace any component on a rack and perform walk-in case installation.
- Complete necessary documentation (work tickets and time sheets).
- Use a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing.
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable)
- Develop excellent customer relations
- Schedule work for other technicians.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School/GED or 10 years of experience in HVAC or HVAC-R or 7 years of experience with a Technical Degree; Preferred level: Technical Degree
- Have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Provide prompt and detailed communications.
- Have experience in mechanical troubleshooting and servicing.
- Available to work nights and/or weekends.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC.
- Have Experience leading others in the workplace.
- EPA Certification.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.