The salary range of $81,439 ' $156,613 is just one component of Hussmann's total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual's knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
This role works on a site as a contractor to the US Government.
This position is based in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. Subsequent assignments could be at any location in the US states where there is a contract for work at federal facilities. The project start date is late June to early July 2023 time frame and the duration is about 2 years.
The Superintendent provides overall leadership resulting in a safe workplace, including on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foreman, subcontractors, and other construction related personnel.
Responsibilities: Including but not limited to:
- Ultimately responsible for the project being executed on time and in accordance with plans specifications and code.
- Assist Pre-construction and Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project site specific safety program in accordance with Policies and Processes, local, state, and federal laws to include all subcontractors.
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, owner/architect/contractor, coordination, subcontractor, staff, and scheduling meetings.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity are met, and manage all site visits of agencies such as OSHA, DOL, etc.
- Review cost reporting with PM or PE and determine field methods to improve costs, including reviewing and providing feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Review and monitor all job site control reporting measures including daily reports, payroll, quantity reporting, and time sheets.
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Coordinate daily construction activities within existing operating facilities to ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submissions and approvals.
- Understand all trade contractor's means and methods in accordance with project contract documents.
- Proactively identify and solve problems to minimize risk including development and execution of a plan for monitoring the completion of punch list items and coordination of all required field inspections.
- Support and implement the company's Project Quality Planning processes.
- Actively lead internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
- Develop and mentor subordinates towards a successful career with the company.
- Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Identify new work opportunities and inform Sales and Marketing of potential projects with current clients.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining company values.
- Ability to work nights and weekends if required by the project schedule.
Minimum Qualifications & Education Requirements:
Education: HS Diploma or GED Required; bachelor's degree (preferred but not required in Construction Management, Construction Science, Architecture, Engineering).
- Valid passport (or ability to obtain)
- Minimum 10 years of overall progressive construction experience with 5 years of direct construction project lead/manager experience
- Experience in commercial building contracting and knowledge in general construction means and methods
- Capable of managing all trades that exist within a commercial construction project.
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submissions, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts
- Understand local labor requirements; availability and capability for self-perform work.
- Must be familiar with all federal, state and local policies and processes
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent team building skills is a must
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA requirements
- Proficient in basic computer functions and software
- Demonstrated mastery of skills in these areas: managing site activity, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks, interpersonal skills, mathematical computation skills, and ability to communicate both written and oral, and leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Working understanding of many types of equipment necessary to complete a construction project
- Clean driving record
- Willing to work onsite year-round
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.