The Controls Engineer, Systems Control is responsible for the development, validation, and release of controls and supporting applications on Hussmann refrigeration system products. This role will primarily focus on the review/validation/improvement of sequence of operations in the controls for systems product line. This position will be closely working with design engineering group in developing controls system designs for refrigeration parallel rack systems. This position will also be responsible in providing technical assistance to field personnel, application engineering, manufacturing, and other product users.
- Work with product engineering, marketing, manufacturing, Quality, and others to capture functional requirements and design documents for controls in refrigerated parallel racks and packaged units, in specific to CO2 refrigeration systems.
- Analyze/Review design of application specific electronics including subcomponents for system compatibility and regulatory compliance.
- Manage component prototyping, testing, analysis, and design modifications and improvements which will include but not limited to bench testing and lab testing.
- Create of factory functional test procedures and instructions to aid in the manufacturing process of system controls.
- Validate third party system integration activities by working with different BAS/EMS systems and ensure smooth coordinated release of application software.
- Develop performance and qualification test methods, coordinate the implementation of experiments, and evaluate test results.
- Support the development of instructions, user manuals, technical notes, troubleshooting and testing documents for inclusion in product documentation.
- Support the creation of accurate documentation of designs including schematics, prints, diagrams, quality check sheets, and bills of material.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- 3-5 years of experience with controls sequence of operations, application development, validation and/or troubleshooting of control systems.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the control systems and equipment interfaces.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with controls application in refrigeration or HVAC or other related industry.
- Experience with CO2 refrigerant systems is a plus.
- Experience in developing, managing application software for programmable platforms, PLC's and/or embedded microprocessor-based controls using basic languages, structured texts, function blocks etc.
- Experience with one or multiple controls communications protocols like BACnet, Modbus, TCP/IP using wired, or wireless is preferred.
- Ability to understand / interpret electrical schematics and troubleshoot them when needed.
- Experience in managing software revisions and version control, validating software operation, in electronic equipment controls incorporating both application level and circuitry level analysis.
- Experience with electronic analysis methodologies, in using development/validation tool sets and associated instrumentation.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, on a project team.
- Travel ' Potentially up to 10 % to support any new project field trial installs, configurations, and other work-related activities.
This role is eligible for a Hybrid schedule based out of our Suwanee, GA location.