The Cost Accountant is responsible for performing accounting functions consisting of cost analysis, inventory control, P&L review, month end closing entries, and financial reporting. The position will be responsible for the Aftermarket Solutions and Aperion business units. Additionally, this role will coordinate the annual physical inventory counts and reconciliations. The Cost Accountant reports to the Aftermarket Solutions Controller.
- Prepare and analyze monthly closing reports and entries
- Reconcile perpetual inventory balances to the general ledger and resolve variances
- Review and evaluate overhead burden rates and set standard costs
- Prepare and present various key performance indicators for Management review
- Prepare obsolete analysis and monitor disposals
- Work with Buyers to improve purchase price variance
- Report and Analyze margins by product and customer category
- Analyze and prepare capital expenditure requests
- Work with operations to analyze procedures and improve efficiencies
- Identify areas for cost improvement; lead the company in pursuing these opportunities
- Coordinate physical inventory counts, audits, and reconciliations
- Perform inbound and outbound freight analysis
- Collaborate across multiple business units
- Lead or participate in projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 1-2 years accounting experience preferred (Oracle Preferred)
- Knowledge of general ledger
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Experience with Power BI, PowerPoint, and Word
- Solid analytic, strategic and project management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed, independent manner as well as a member within a team environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the business with professionalism
This role is eligible for a hybrid work schedule and will be based out of our Bridgeton, MO Corporate Office.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.