The Architect will closely work with other Architects and different department leaders, architects to analyze and help design, develop, support Microsoft full stacks (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and ADF.) Business intelligence reports, scorecards, data structures, and dashboards.
- Consulting with internal and external clients to model enterprise-wide complex data structures including master data management
- Participate in development and maintenance of the database architecture and recommend solutions to business needs including creating structure where none exists for reporting/analytics database solutions using modern techniques and programming language
- Designs, develops, tests, monitors, manages, and validates data warehouse data activities, including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating processes.
- Will participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Works harmoniously in a cross-functional team comprised of managers, supervisors, business analysts, systems personnel and other developers in ensuring the delivery of EDW solutions as planned, on time and within the budget
- Develop and maintain the appropriate operational documentation for EDW solutions
- Research, collect, validate, and collate data and information to design, direct, and support the development of accurate and meaningful EDW metrics reports.
- Ensure the accuracy, performance and consistency of the EDW information
- Perform health checks to ensure the integrity of the EDW data, and the synchronization of EDW.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree preferred. Equivalent experience, education and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of Bachelors.
- 7+ years relevant experience with degree
- 15+ years relevant experience without degree
- 3+ years of experience as a SQL Server EDW developer, including designing and developing solutions.
- Design and implementation of data integration that are innovative, scalable and high performing within SSIS & ADF.
- Rich understanding of EDW (data warehousing) concepts, architectures and business processes and ability to Perform systems and data analysis for implementation of EDW, ETL and DataMart
- Expert-level ability writing complex and performance queries in SQL.
- Rich understanding of data architectural and design patterns including normalized, dimensional, data vault, and multi-dimensional approaches.
- Researches and prototypes technical solutions for data warehouse architecture, ETL, cubes, analytics and cloud integration. Provides recommendations to Executive and IT leadership.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with technologies outside of his/her comfort area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of personnel individually and within teams. Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of EDW solutions.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- Generate and Maintain standard or custom EDW reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.