As a key member of the project design team, our Mechanical Design Engineer applies engineering best practices to develop and document the complete mechanical design for our projects. The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for creating refrigeration Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), power & control drawings (reading, creating), sequence of operation, components layout, bill of materials in order to support the design, production, service and sustaining activities. Our Mechanical Engineers actively work with customers, manufacturing, quality and service departments during manufacturing, systems verification or field startup.
- Develop 3D models and detailed component & assembly drawings. (SolidEdge)
- Responsible for creating new items and maintaining bills-of-material. (Teamcenter)
- Maintain refrigeration piping & electrical diagrams, including power & control drawings. (AutoCAD)
- Define engineering design specifications in accordance with manufacturing, quality, marketing, and customer requirements.
- Develop detailed designs for mechanical equipment using Solid Edge or Solid Works.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing and quality teams to ensure products are built and tested according to engineering specifications.
- Resolve design problems and review and analyze specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to model & draft using Solid Edge, or similar 3D CAD tool.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Explain concepts to manufacturers and production personnel.
- Able to perform design work and CAD duties with minimum supervision.
- Must have good communicate skills with Engineers and factory personnel on design issues and changes.
- Be able to work in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and ERP (Bill of Material) systems for part numbers and any other data that may be required.
- Be able to contact Vendors for appropriate Step files or drawings to assist in creating Part Numbers.
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects to create 3D models.
This role will work on-site at our Suwanee, GA location.