You will be a liaison between controls and manufacturing. Responsible for the verification and support of release and implementation of electronic controls and subcomponents into Hussmann specialty case products. Work closely with controls engineering and design engineering towards new product implementation, design transfer, functional testing around controls and other electronic subcomponents.
- Work with product development, design engineering, manufacturing, quality and others to capture the product design changes for electronic product controls and other subcomponents.
- Develop/validate different factory functional performance tests, manufacturing test configurations and any specific test setup for controls into Hussmann specialty products.
- Review/verify system level design and assemblies including components such as: sensors, wiring harnesses, enclosures, and power supplies.
- Analyze / Review design of application specific electronics including 3rd party components for system compatibility and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and perform application functional validations, component testing, analysis, and any design modifications/improvements.
- Work with design engineering to coordinate and/or implement engineering change orders around controls and electronic components.
- Support the development of instructions, user manuals, technical notes, troubleshooting and testing documents for inclusion in product documentation.
- Support the creation of procedures and instructions to aid in the manufacturing process
- Leverage internal and external technical expertise to develop innovative ideas in supporting seamless delivery of Hussmann products and other new technology developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- 3 + years of hands-on experience with electronic controls implementation, validations and/or controls related applications.
- Hands on experience with using controls in refrigeration or HVAC or other related industry.
- Validating electronic equipment controls, subcomponents and circuitry.
- Experience with Bill of Material Structures and Engineering Change processes.
- Creating with mechanical & electrical drawing creation using solid edge or equivalent tool is a plus.
- Experience with electrical and electronic analysis methodologies, in using validation tool sets and associated instrumentation.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Innovative and problem-solving abilities.
**You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule in St. Louis, MO**
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non merit-based factor.