The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring existing facility systems and directing appropriate actions as necessary. The incumbent will plan and execute facilities and maintenance projects such as the upgrade and replacement of obsolete facility systems and environmental control systems, as the CapEX cycle allows. Incumbent should be familiar with various types of commercial and industrial refrigeration configurations, common facilities support systems such as steam, water, and pneumatics, as well as common control methods and equipment. Direction of maintainence staff, as well as outside contractors, to accomplish maintenance and repairs, as required.
In addition to their facility duties, the incumbent will direct testing and development activities for refrigerated products produced at all Global Hussmann divisions. The incumbent will select and apply standard laboratory procedures and develop new test procedures as needed to ensure all necessary testing is completed to meet the project goals. While performing all duties within the role, the incumbent will be expected to demonstrate the 7 Hussmann Behaviors for Success while adhering to all safety standards.
- Monitor all facility systems and direct actions as needed. Those systems include, but are not limited to: Process Water System, Boilers, Air Conditioners, Exhaust Fans, HALT Chamber, R+D Lab Support Equipment, Maintain/Deploy LabView Code Line, PLCs, Calibration instrumentation support
- Plan and execute Facilities/Maintenance projects:
- For Example: Boiler Cleaning and Maintenance, Cooling Tower Cleaning and Maintenance, Management of outside contractors (electricians, pipefitter, etc.)
- Plan and maintain safety systems: Annual Lock Out, Tag Out Placard Review, Electrical Glove Compliance, Monthly Safety Meeting
- Set up, monitor, and report results of assigned laboratory tests. Recommend and implement design changes on tested equipment.
- Generate reports (weekly) that summarize all work conducted in facilities and lab testing. Prepare reports detailing the objectives and conclusions of lab testing projects.
- Analyze laboratory test procedures and determine areas of improvement, as necessary.
- BS/MS degree(s) in Mechanical Engineering, preferred
- 2-5 years of Engineering experience, Plant Engineering experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, oral & written
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong design and project management skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a plus