Position Summary: This position is customer-facing; therefore, professionalism is of the utmost importance as the Technical Specialist/Field Quality Specialist roles are viewed as Hussmann’s “technical expert”.
- Must actively demonstrate and promote the Hussmann Behaviors for Success.
- Manage technical calls via InContact
- Maintain CRM database daily – dispositions and field reports
- Effectively manage individual utilization – including maintaining field engagements in CRM and proactively communicating to the manager special project work
- Utilize the Field Escalation process when applicable
- Provide technical support, and advice to Field Equipment Reps (FERs) in diagnosing and resolving common customer issues. Provide guidance to FERs on the most efficient manner of resolving customer issues.
- Participate in meeting cadences as required with cross-functional teams to ensure robust support plans for field escapes, issues, large customer start-up projects, and new products and controls startups
- Work with Tech Support Leader and Field Quality and Engineering teams to stay current on new products and technology.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet project objectives, drive root cause, and mitigate customer risk
- Support process improvement and VA/VE activities and drive projects to completion
- Answer technical support phone calls from Hussmann Technicians, Branches, and Field Equipment Representatives and Third-Party Service Contractors and Customers.
- Professionally support all Hussmann manufacturing facilities and products by investigating and resolving quality issues and dispositioning them and creating field reports (when applicable) in CRM.
- Interface directly with customers, contractors, technicians, and engineering.
- Provide advanced level technical expertise to instill confidence in Hussmann equipment, installation, technical support, and service.
- Duties may require on site field support for installation and commissioning projects and root cause analysis of field reported Hussmann product issues.
- Perform standard Field Quality Specialist duties when applicable
- Effectively support field projects within budgetary guidelines
- Provide customer support related to the delivery and commissioning of sustaining and new products
- Document onsite findings utilizing the field report creation process
- Support and provide technical guidance for equipment lab tests and diagnosis process for new and sustaining equipment.
- Perform plant and customer site audits to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of product and processes when applicable
- Interact directly with customers, contractors, technicians, and engineering providing advanced-level technical expertise to instill confidence in Hussmann equipment, installation, technical support, and service.
- Capable of influencing warranty expenditures by identifying and resolving issues prior to equipment start-up
- High School Diploma and Technical Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years Refrigeration/HVAC or related industry experience
- Must have industry product knowledge; hands-on understanding of refrigeration systems; and knowledge of electrical controls and equipment
- Field project management experience preferred
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non merit-based factor.