Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
About this role:
You will oversee assigned site branch Installation project. You will also report progress to Installation Supervisor/Project Manager. You will provide safe, quality and efficient service and maximize profit and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Manage completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Ensure compliance with internal contracting processes regarding customer specific documentation and closeout processes.
- Maintain the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion by reviewing hours worked and material cost of project.
- Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Coordinate Installation or remodel job on-site to include Installers and Helpers and provide Supervision. Responsibilities may also include coordinating material and estimation of labor. Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts.
- Read and comprehend plans and blueprints regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management and refrigerant leak systems.
- Perform all job responsibilities of an Installation Technician Ability to delegate tasks and motivate individuals.
- Interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
Required Level: High School OR Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Preferred level: Technical Degree, EPA 608 Universal Certification
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 5 year of experience with HS/GED
- HVAC/R experience with minimum 5-year commercial experience.
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Will work nights, weekends and out of town.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Experience developing customer relationships.
- Experience making difficult decisions, using rational reasoning.
- Experience working individually and as part of a diverse team.
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.