1. Responsible for the installation department P&L by proper estimation job sites and floor plans to establish an equitable quotation to install Hussmann and/or related equipment.
2. Assist the Sales and Engineering departments in the review of drawings and floor plans during the initial pre-project phase and continue to communicate with those teams as applicable during the life of the installation project.
3. Manage all workgroups related to the completion of the installation job including assigning internal personnel such as assigning foreman and technicians, as well as coordinating all subcontractors and contractors.
4. Oversee all aspects of the contracting area to provide successful installations, under the aspects of contracting, carpentry work, electrical and piping. This includes a review of the initial contract, selecting the properly qualified candidates to complete the task, overseeing the work being completed through regular site visits and inspection, coordinating and reviewing all job files, oversee material delivery and follow up on any outstanding installation issues regarding the site.
5. Responsible for the maintaining the project’s adherence to all government EPA-CFC regulations as well as all safety regulations, including conducting regular department, job site and safety meetings to ensure an understanding of the regulations by all individuals involved in the project.
6. Work with the Service Department to coordinate the transfer of warranty work, including the continued monitoring of work outstanding and completed through the life of the installation project.
7. Support the fulfilment leader and administration team in the proper billing by ensuring that all documents and electronic communication and requirements for invoicing are completed timely and accurately – including applicable time cards for the installation project.
8. Responsible for continuous customer focus and relationship building by maintaining contact with current and potential customer base to encourage future development and sustainability of the installation business.
9. Responsible for the oversight of all Installation operations related matters including monitoring the status of equipment through inspections and maintained logs, as well as monitoring inventory on a regular basis.
10. Responsible for promoting safety in the department by conducting safety walks and checks, and weekly safety meetings.
11. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree OR Five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Years of experience in installation management 5 – 10 years
• Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
• Strong background in management/supervisory function.
• Applicable license and certifications (i.e. Refrigeration Certificate, Contractor’s license, Construction Management, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of applicable construction/safety federal, state, and county codes and regulations.
• Ability to read renderings and prints
• Strong leadership and business acumen.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple, completing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
• Strong organizational, time management skills.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Flexibility to work outside normal working hours, as required.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.