Hussmann's Internship Program provides you with a professional growth experience while learning what it’s like to work for a market leader within the food retailing industry. Hussmann interns receive great compensation, participate in community stewardship, network with company leadership, and explore career opportunities available at Hussmann.
As a Communications Intern in the 2024 Hussmann Summer Internship Program, you will gain experience and insight into the life of a communications professional. You will support Hussmann’s overall culture and employee engagement through the development and implementation of internal communication projects, plans, and programs that connect employees to leadership and each other.
Your will have the opportunity to:
· Support the Communications team in executing communication plans and drafting content for key company programs, including storytelling to bring Hussmann’s mission, vision, and Behaviors for Success to life.
· Draft short articles and feature stories for the weekly companywide e-newsletter.
· Support HR Town Hall quarterly meetings.
· Create video or capture photos that represent our culture.
· Provide fresh ideas and new perspectives to our Communications Program.
· Network with senior leaders, employees, and other program interns.
· Attend tours of Hussmann's 1.6 million square foot manufacturing facility, our Global Hub, and the R&D Lab.
· Participate in off-site stewardship outreach and career development events.
· Compete in our annual Hussmann Shark Tank Program.
Shark Tank Program: Throughout our twelve-week internship program, Hussmann interns will divide into cross-functional teams and compete in a Hussmann Shark Tank Program. Each team will work together – and with Hussmann mentors and business leaders – to solve a provided problem statement. This involves researching possible solutions, gaining clarity on the best solution’s business impact, and explaining in a meaningful way how this solution benefits Hussmann. They will then present this solution and their findings to a panel of Sharks (Hussmann Leadership Team and executive leaders) in an attempt to win first, second, or third place.
- Writing samples required for application
- Currently enrolled in school, pursuing a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, Multimedia, or Communications
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Strong computer skills
- Pursing a master’s degree
- Previous internship experience
- Experience with implementing multiple methods of communication
- Proficient in utilizing web-enabled technologies
The summer internship will run from approximately the third week of May through the second week of August.
For more than 115 years, Hussmann has been a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way.
Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for Better Businesses, Better Partners, and a Better World. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.