The Business Analyst – Contract & License Management role is to ensure consistent management of the contracts and software licensing process across the Hussmann organization as it relates to Information Technology. This position will draft, negotiate and implement new contracts and standard licensing agreements to reflect complex business/vendor relationships. The Business Analyst – Contract & License Management will serve as our primary interface regarding all IT contractual and software licensing issues and aid in corporate-wide formulation and implementation of software licensing and protection policies
- Overall responsibility for the Contracts & Software Licensing process for all Hussmann related accounts.
- Partner with sourcing and legal teams to prepare, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts & software licensing agreements across the all IT and business functional areas.
- Manage and track software licensing, Contract renewals, software license assignment
- On-going interface with employees and vendors regarding licensing/contractual issues
- Work with IT Teams to create, negotiate and finalize contractual agreements, including Software Licenses agreements, Statements of Work, Start-up Agreements, Work Orders and Change Orders
- Management of non-disclosure agreements, master agreements for consulting services, master agreements for on-site services, subscription agreements, SAAS, etc
- Development of account specific standards for contracts and licensing agreements, including presentation of budget, payment terms, standard contract language, etc., and discussion/negotiation with vendors as appropriate
- On-going proactive involvement with project management in review of project status, including review of licensing and contract status to ensure compliance with licensing terms and milestones and identification of changes in scope in contracts.
- Ensure information relating to contracting and licensing documents are processed into and maintained in relevant databases
- Work with IT department to develop processes to monitor, track and report on software license assignments conducting software audits as required
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management Information Systems or similar degree.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 – 5 years of proven comprehensive knowledge and experience of software licensing and information technology contract management
- Sound understanding of general business processes
- General understanding of IT and applications and processes
- General understanding of Microsoft O365 Office Suite including SharePoint
- Advanced Excel & Power Point skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience being proactive in overcoming barriers to prevent problems from occurring/recurring.
- General understanding for project management & program management skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional customer servicing qualities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate and facilitate discussions to understand and resolve problems, needs and desires of the customer.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity.
- Excellent organization skills.