About the Role:
The Lab Technician will set up and conduct performance testing to develop knowledge to continue Hussmann's leadership position in Refrigeration Systems, Merchandisers, and associated products and systems. Provide feedback to Engineering on design performance and suggest improvements based upon data. Conduct data analysis and prepare reports to document key knowledge learning. Build and change product configuration to support test setup and operations.
- Perform testing requiring conventional types of procedures and/or applicable industry standards
- Set up Hussmann merchandisers for testing. This includes the installation of all refrigeration, electrical and data acquisition instrumentation connections
- Conduct testing as directed by the Evaluation Engineer, Manager of Lab Testing or other Engineering personnel responsible for the project
- Work within the R+D Lab team and assist other technicians as needed. Need to work well with others and transfer learning to the group effectively
- Assist and conduct floor testing (structural, sound, transit, etc.) as assigned by Lab Manager
- Follow safety protocols in place in the company
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and skills necessary to learn the Hussmann data acquisition system and supporting programs for evaluation of data
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- Technical Certificate in HVAC required
- Technical Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience (new graduates welcome)
- Skills in use and operation of tools of the HVAC and refrigeration trade (brazing, electrical, etc.)
- EPA certification (universal) for refrigerant handling preferred
- Will frequently work on projects or assignments in a team or group environment
- Is responsible for developing good listening and communication skills
- Prepares and presents reports as requested
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non merit-based factor.