Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service establishments. The Commercial Refrigeration Lead Installation Technician provides the direction and oversees the project’s completion.
- Diagnose all types of systems problems as well as, repair those systems. These systems include parallel racks, distributed systems, conventional systems, cases, walk-ins and warehouses
- Retrofit systems from one refrigerant to another.
- Lead learning discussions, either in the classroom or hands- on with other technicians as requested or needed for the successful completion of the assigned projects.
- Responsible for installation, test and balance of energy management systems of refrigeration systems to include electrical/wiring, plumbing commonly installed in supermarket, convenient stores and cold storage distribution format
- Install supermarket / convenience store / refrigerated warehouse refrigeration equipment
- Follow company protocols to safely pressure test/evacuate refrigeration piping/refrigeration systems
- Follow company safety policies, procedures, and cultures to promote a safe working environment
- Ensures quality standards are maintained for assigned projects
- Ideal applicants would have a working knowledge of supermarket refrigeration systems, able to read and interpret refrigeration legends, construction drawings and equipment manuals
- Advanced knowledge in mechanical, electrical and electronic knowledge of systems
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years of trade-related experience to include installing refrigeration piping, brazing, setting display cases, condensing units, compressor racks and rooftop condensers.
- EPA 608 Certification
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required
- Incentive Plans
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement – industry related
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer