The Commercial Refrigeration Research Engineer will be responsible for developing and applying mechanical engineering design methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solutions of complex and advanced technical problems.
This position may also provide technical consultation to other organizations and work as leadership positions on projects. You will report to the Leader in, Advanced Technology Research. Understanding the Engineering financial impact and needs and influence on other departments within the business by communicating with Marketing, Sales, Field Service, Finance and Hussmann’s Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Evaluate Commercial Refrigeration concepts, design conceptual prototypes, build prototypes, test, and evolve concepts technology readiness.
- Testing concepts include FEA, CFD, computational, thermodynamic modeling, and physical prototype testing.
- The development of concepts will include modeling, 3D printers, building and verify, working with others within the Hussmann family.
- You will Lead efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the business and a deep understanding of how other departments affect the business.
- Project Impact: Manage projects requiring multiple components and sub-systems integration within global Hussmann
- Technical Communication: Can handle preparation and presentation on technical evaluation of concepts using engineering methods.
- Technical Judgment: Present multiple solutions and practical reasoning around final selection shown
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3+ years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering
EDUCATION: • BS in Engineering discipline