- Manage the activities of supervisors, clerks, cell leaders, and production employees to safely meet established production schedules on time and within budget. Determine the staffing levels to meet production requirements while controlling expenses. Take the steps necessary to assure all quality related procedures and processes are followed. Manage the progress of production schedules to assure completion on time.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports, coaching them to be successful in their job and addressing all performance issues timely.
- Comply with all safety /environmental federal, state and local regulations as well as all company policy and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with departmental employees, managers, customers and suppliers to keep everyone abreast of the state of the business, to resolve problems and achieve business goals.
- Maintain harmonious labor/management relations through fair and equitable administration of the collective bargaining agreement and related policies.
- Promote a work environment encouraging a workforce to be self-directed, motivated and willing to engage in team concepts.
- Manage the Performance and Development Process for all direct reports
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement continuous flow manufacturing and pull systems, 5S improvement, standard work, set-up reduction, and problem solving/rapid change activities
- Conduct assessments of manufacturing operations to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and improve on time performance
- Utilize effective training techniques to ensure all personnel to have the requisite knowledge and skill to deploy Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Minimum ten years of manufacturing experience.
- Experience as a supervisor and developing direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and influence others including those not under his/her direct supervision.
- Able to drive improvement through the implementation of the lean manufacturing principles.
- Strongly focused on important end results; sets objectives which are clearly defined for self and others; gets results consistently over time; avoids peripheral actions that deflect attention from key priorities.
- Knows who key internal and external customers are. Demonstrate the ability to satisfy customer, both internal and external. Establish checkpoints and performance indicators to detect customer issues early.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Strong financial literacy including P&L.
- Safety focused.
- Progressively responsible experience in manufacturing management.