This position works directly with the Installation Manager to ensure timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction. Responsible for the project management of all commercial on-site refrigeration projects for new stores and store remodels.
Performs building surveys of HVAC and Refrigeration equipment/controls and operational costs and validates preliminary information with customers. Establishes and maintains relationships with sub-contractors and prepares request for quotation’s (RFQ) including scope statements, plans, specs, and bonding requirements. Performs construction plan review or other requirements as determined by project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s facility requirements. Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for the customer’s problems. Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet the entire customer’s building system design and installation requirements. Prepares, finalizes, reviews preliminary and/or final proposal.
Handles all aspects related to on-site field personnel management to ensure safety, quality, and timely production.
Responsible for creating detailed cost estimates consisting of controls, service agreements, materials, mechanical, electrical, and other sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor, and other construction-related activities to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project. Utilizes plans, specifications, and knowledge of controls/construction industry to analyze project needs and compiles detailed cost estimates. Responsible for the take-off and pricing of controls materials, services and/or equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc. Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules/project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex applications. Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects. Clarifies, reconciles, and adjusts information gaps and scope deviations with operations group. Resolves major deviations from scope with team after project scope validation. Maintains quote log consisting of closed, open, and lost orders.
Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-5 years experience required
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen, and ability to manage small and large crews of construction professionals.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable construction/safety federal, state, and county codes and regulations.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, completing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular working hours, as required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Travel within the region as required.