Performs building surveys of Mechanical equipment and Architectural Structures, as well as operational costs and validates preliminary information with customers. Establishes and maintains relationships with sub-contractors and prepares request for quotation’s (RFQ) including scope statements, plans, specs, and bonding requirements. Performs general construction plan review or other requirements as determined by project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s facility requirements. Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for the customer’s problems. Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet the entire customer’s building system design and installation requirements. Responsible for computing detail cost estimates for materials, purchased equipment, labor and other construction related activities including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposals, and vendor/sub-contractor quotes to assist management in bidding on or determining price of projects.
Handles all aspects related to on-site field personnel management to ensure safety, quality, and timely production.
Responsible for creating detailed cost estimates consisting of service agreements, materials, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural and other sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor, and other construction-related activities to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of General Construction project. Utilizes plans, specifications, and knowledge of general construction industry to analyze project needs and compiles detailed cost estimates. Responsible for the take-off and pricing of materials, services and/or equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, design, etc. Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules/project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex applications. Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects. Clarifies, reconciles, and adjusts information gaps and scope deviations with operations group. Resolves major deviations from scope with team after project scope validation. Maintains quote log consisting of closed, open, and lost orders.
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree OR Five -Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 5-10
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is a plus.
- Strong leadership and business acumen, and ability to manage small and large crews of construction professionals.
- Previous Government Contracting Experience is preferred.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, completing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular working hours, as required.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass a Government Background Check and safe driving record.
- Travel as required.