About this Role:
You will maintain, diagnose and repair refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will work with minimum guidance. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Perform prescribed, routing maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Responsible performing preventative maintenance compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Acquire knowledge through on-the-job training which includes new product development, service bulletins, computer-based training and issues.
- Communicate promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to use a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat an orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable).
- The ability to identify and use the standard tools of the trade, including refrigerant recovery equipment.
- Develop excellent customer relationships.
- Report to Field Service Manager or Area Service Manager
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Formal Education/Experience Requirement:
High School Diploma/GED and Certification from a Technical School or High School Diploma/GED and 3 Years of experience in the field
- Have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period of time.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- May work nights and/or weekends.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification or willingness to obtain.
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.