the site. Continually improve customer satisfaction with respect to quality, cost and delivery. Plan, direct and
coordinate the plant quality assurance program. Lead and manage continuous improvement as well as process
improvement initiatives and teams. Establish plant and departmental quality objectives. Analyze and solve quality and
reliability problems and ensure execution and sustainment of corrective actions.
- Interface with all departments to identify and correct manufacturing issues as they arise analyze customer/field complaints and drive CA/PA in manufacturing process (including supplier issues) while maintaining communications between issue owners and issue originators.
- Support complex installations with plant quality/technical resources as required.
- Audit, verify and continuously improve compliance to work instructions, quality procedures and established CTQ processes. Develop, implement and maintain control plans as required.
- Actively promote and support plant QMS maturation efforts including participating in plant and supplier audits. Maintain compliance and ISO certifications.
- Track, analyze, report and improve plant and customer quality metrics.
- Provide strong leadership in identifying opportunities and processes to improve quality culture and issue ownership/resolution.
- Manage efficient day to day operation of the QA department including resource management; budgeting & scheduling; talent acquisition, performance management and development of personnel
- 15 plus years total of work experience
- 7-10 years' experience in a Quality Manufacturing environment
- 5 years of management experience
- College Degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing engineering, or mechanical engineering required, Masters Degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification also required.
- Knowledge in the application of ISO standard, APQP, quality assurance concepts, methods and techniques
- Mobility within work facilities including manufacturing sites is also required.
- MS Office skills required knowledge of Minitab or statistical software a plus.
- Refrigeration Systems and LSS experience a plus. Prefer experience with full product assembly (not
- components), sheet metal fabrication, HVAC, automotive, aerospace or similar
- Qualified candidates must effectively communicate with all levels of company management and external associates, in both written and verbal forms
- Ideal candidate will be results oriented, an agent of change, a consensus builder with a collaborative management style, a team player capable of influencing directions
- Organizational Excellence experience is also preferred.
- New product introduction process experience
The annual salary range of $120,960-181,440 is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, location and union designation. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career. Benefits vary by union but include Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, and Employee Assistance Program.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.