Manage fabrication process, machine programs, tooling, and standards.
- Assess, evaluate designs and collaborate with Engineering on designing for manufacturing.
- Establish fabrication material, programming, tooling and process standards.
- Assign and distribute PLM tasks.
- Ensure ERP is timely and accurate.
- Data mining capability and skill for fabrication standards and problem solving.
- Fabrication machine capacity planning
- Fabrication machine contingency plan.
- Support fabrication operation standards and changes.
- Daily metric and process monitoring.
- Evaluate material sheet sizes, tooling, utilization for cost.
- Comply with all safety /environmental federal, state and local regulations as well as all company policy and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with departmental employees, managers, customers and suppliers to keep everyone abreast of the state of the business, to resolve problems and achieve business goals.
- Manage the Performance and Development Process for all direct reports
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement continuous flow manufacturing and pull systems, 5S improvement, standard work, set-up reduction, and problem solving/rapid change activities
- Conduct assessments of manufacturing operations to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and improve on time performance
- Minimum 7-10 years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience as a supervisor and developing direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of programming and processing fabrication equipment (Amada, Trumpf, Salvagnini)
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and influence others including those not under his/her direct supervision.
- Able to drive improvement through the implementation of the lean manufacturing principles.
- Strongly focused on important end results; sets objectives which are clearly defined for self and others; gets results consistently over time; avoids peripheral actions that deflect attention from key priorities.
- Knows who key internal and external customers are. Demonstrate the ability to satisfy customer, both internal and external. Establish checkpoints and performance indicators to detect customer issues early.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Strong financial literacy including P&L.
- Safety focused.
- Progressively responsible experience in manufacturing management.