About this Role:
You will maintain, diagnose and repair refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will work with minimum guidance. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers. Operating knowledge of self-contained refrigeration, heating and air conditioning units with some direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- To perform preventative maintenance, compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing.
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs resulting in 100% customer satisfaction. Ability to repair leaks on racks or single-unit piping, solder with copper-to-brass and copper to steel, diagnose low air flow, install PVC drain pipe, use temperature meters and sensors, receive, uncrate and properly hang blower coils, locate refrigeration leaks, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, power wash air-cooled condensing units, replace any component on a rack and perform walk-in case installation with some direction from a Master or Lead Technician.
- Complete necessary documents (work tickets and time sheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate ability to utilize a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Maintain and manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Note: Equipment specialty may vary by branch
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School/GED and Completion/Certification from an HVAC-R Technical School or 5 years of experience in HVAC or HVAC-R
Preferred level:• Technical Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:• 3 year min experience with Tech Degree
- Commercial HVAC experience preferred.•
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period of time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- EPA Certification.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.