Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
You will Lead a team of service technicians based on a specified demographic area or project/customer assignment. You will respond the customer's need for service and maintenance of equipment through maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning system commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will mentor your team by providing guidance and challenging assignments to grow their abilities.
- Partner with Service Coordinator/Dispatcher to assess potential system issues based on customer information and assign tasks accordingly. Liaison between the office, service, and install to promote greater continuity between departments.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities.
- Survey new customer sites and help quote service and maintenance.
- Develop excellent customer relationships.
- Provide technical guidance, and training to Service Technicians at all levels.
- Implement relevant training and provide opportunities for ongoing professional development for technicians.
- Intrinsically involved with screening, interviewing and hiring new technicians.
- Correctly teach all the previously listed items.
- Report to Field Service Manager or Area Service Manager.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Provide prompt and detailed communications.
- Have experience in mechanical troubleshooting and servicing.
- Available to work nights and/or weekends.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC.
- Have Experience leading others in the workplace.
- EPA Certification.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
- Schedule work for other technicians.
Required Level: High School/GED and Completion/Certification from an HVAC-R Technical School or 7 years of experience in HVAC or HVAC-R; Preferred level: Technical Degree
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.