- Responsible for performing prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Responsible performing preventative maintenance compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Responsible for continually acquiring knowledge through on-the-job training which includes new product development, service bulletins, computer-based training and issues.
- Responsible for completing necessary documents (work tickets and timesheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for demonstrating ability to utilize a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance and management of truck inventory in an accurate, neat an orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable).
- The ability to identify and use the standard tools of the trade, including refrigerant recovery equipment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining excellent customer relations and professionally articulating equipment and system malfunctions using correct terminology.
- Perform service on conventional refrigeration systems, parallel rack systems, walk-in coolers, and other commonly used refrigeration units for supermarkets and convenient stores with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of refrigerant and oil properties, sub-cooling, superheat, psychometrics, copper-to-copper brazing, single phase compressor components, and refrigerated fixture airflow.
- Read and understand temperature and pressure charts.
- Conduct basic electrical troubleshooting and refrigeration cycle diagnostics.
- Safely handle R290 refrigerant and other hazardous materials such as dry nitrogen.
- Responsible for de-icing case and walk-in evaporator coils, replacing fan motors, and washing condenser coils.
- Basic understanding of system evacuation and charging, system pump down, and system defrost.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred level: HVAC-R Technical School Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
- External Candidates: 2 years in the field or 0 years with Certification from a Technical School
- Internal Candidates: 1 year as a General Laborer w/ completion of OJT & Skills Assessment
- Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the fleet policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period of time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude to include knowledge of basic maintenance tasks and use of basic hand tools.
- Must have familiarity with HVAC heating and cooling concepts and basic electrical schematics.
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and hvac is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- Epa 608 universal certification.
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor