The Company is looking for someone with strong accounting and analytical skills that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Accounting and Finance Organization. The Senior Accountant will be the owner of Corporate Department Reporting (Actuals, Forecast and Business Plan), 3rd Party Rep Commissions, Various Corporate Accounting JE’s and Reconciliations, and will also assist with Accountant I training and oversight. This role will also have a key responsibility in assisting with system implementations and process improvements in the corporate accounting area.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Corporate Department Reporting for Actuals, Forecast and Business Plan for the Income Statement. This includes summarizing and explaining results for the month (both actual and forecast) and how they compare to forecast, business plan and prior year. In addition, this includes reconciling the corporate results to Hyperion / OneStream and improving the reporting that we do from OneStream. (Includes coordinating quarterly business reviews and annual plan presentations)
- Responsible for the oversight of the corporate department summary files, corporate balance sheet files and overseeing and backing up the submission process for forecast and business plan numbers into Hyperion / OneStream.
- Responsible for the overall 3rd Party Rep Commission Process. This includes the month end journal entry and reconciliation, as well as the monthly statement and payment request preparation for each 3rd party rep. This role will work directly with the equipment finance, SSS and sales group to research and reconcile any issues identified each month.
- Responsible for various accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting with the training and oversight of the Accountant I in the corporate accounting group.
- Supports quarterly and yearly audits with external and internal auditors.
- Drives process improvements, efficiencies, and participates/leads projects supporting Hussmann strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for backing up others in the corporate accounting group and participating in ad-hoc analysis and projects (i.e. System Implementations) as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience in a Shared Services/Corporate Accounting environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel (Intermediate to Advanced), and Access
- Oracle, Dynamics, Infor XA and Hyperion / OneStream experience a plus
- Experience with Blackline, Alteryx or Other Automation Tools
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to generate new ideas / solutions and think independently; strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage competing priorities.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.