Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee effective implementation and sustaining of the Quality Management System throughout the company, including Internal Audit, Corrective Actions, calibration, risk management and process improvement.
- Provide training on Quality issues, new or improved processes and Quality and development methodologies.
- Collate and analyze quality data for monitoring targets and process enhancement.
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Quality objectives and promote the use of Problem resolution techniques such 5 Why’s, A3, 8D, etc.
- Lead continuous improvement and Quality projects by using Lean Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Kaizen.
- Coordinate the LPA process and follow up on process corrections and action items.
- Perform Investigation and drive action items to improve Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Warranty issues and Customer concerns.
- Perform key process and product audits for compliance to QMS, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership to Quality personnel
- Quality Support to NPI projects, developing FMEA and control plan for new product and processes.
- First Article inspection
- Monitoring vendor performance and coordinate SCAR process.
- Provide prompt response and perform investigation for customer complaints
- Develop Quality processes and Inspection plans
- Participate on special project teams representing the quality department as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS Degree in an Engineering field.
- Experience managing Quality systems focused on ISO9001:2015
- 5+ years in Manufacturing Quality Engineering.
- 2+ years managing personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply Statistical Quality Tools (i.e MSA, Cpk, SPC, Sampling Plans, Control Plans)
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), such Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing knowledge
- Ability to use a systematic approach for Root Cause Analysis
- Leadership & Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use data systems (Baan, PDM, etc.) and
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Minitab)
- Ability to develop, coach and manage direct/indirect personnel if required.
- ASQ CQE Certification (Desirable)
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Auditor
- Green Belt / Six Sigma Certification
- Refrigeration/ HVAC experience, highly preferred
- APQP and PPAP’s
- Sampling plans and Gage R&R
- Project Management