This position will participate in the management and leadership of a range of process improvement and process management activities. These initiatives may represent one portion of a larger project, or may represent a standalone initiative or function within a work group or department. Ensure activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Setting high level strategy on business initiatives; analyzing profitability (ROI), policy, programs and staffing to ensure optimal business results.
- Initiating and directing complex projects, directing project staff; working with cross-functional teams, develop project plans and strategies, preparing business cases; directing the planning and estimating of business solutions; influencing and negotiating with senior management; conducting meetings and managing cross-functional teams
- Managing all activities and people associated with highly complex projects.
- Partner with the Leadership team and customer stakeholders to successfully impact their technology roadmap
- Define and implement technician productivity improvements and best practices
- Assist in defining and supporting service analytics, remote monitoring tools, service management system integration and asset management supporting field service management.
- Consults with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business case, including development of a statement of work.
- Creates and delivers presentations to mid-senior level management on project goals and plans, including progress reports.
- Responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
- Coordinate and align resources and actions with mission, vision and strategy the service business
- Drive market share gain and competitive differentiation by adopting transformation technologies
- Transform the field service technicians towards a digitally advanced service organization
- Lead the development of the technology roadmap annual strategy
- Develop Integrated Service Management Systems
- Support Remote Monitoring & IOT initiatives within the service organization aligned with our IT Strategy
- Lead the identification of opportunities for competitive service differentiation partnering with the senior leadership team.
- Leadership experience of a service transformation program in a large branch based company with focus on adapting new digital technologies and methods into the processes of a mature service company
- Lead development of tools and best practices to drive efficiency in the delivery field service operations
- Identify best technological partners for improved efficiency and data accuracy across operations
- Engage with management to improve and automate reporting of operational metrics
- Work with IT Director Reporting & Analytics in support of Business Intelligence data marts
- Manage and delegate requests for support from field leadership
- Manage the implementation of recommended changes in partnership with field leadership
- Ability to manage competing demands on time using available resources and remain focused on key objectives/goals
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred.
- Experience/Training/Certifications in Project Management plus
Knowledge & Experience
- 15 years of operational and process and/or project management, or related business experience
- 5 years of demonstrated experience working in field service strategy or business transformation
- 8+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven experience in IT application support, development, and project management
- Experience with systems design, development and implementation.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable policies as they relate to IT.
- Understanding of project management methodology
- Proficient PC skills in Office Products; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Project
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer servicing qualities.
- Strong influencing skills in order resolve business decision and set appropriate direction.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.