The Area Service Manager is accountable for owning service operations with direct responsibility for service execution; while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific operational performance objectives. Responsibilities include service financial performance, field service team development and supervision, support of the acquisition process, and customer maintenance and growth.
- Responsible for Service Operations, including service contracts, emergency service, quoted work, renewals, warranty, and change requests.
- Responsible for owning and driving internal and external customer satisfaction, including management of customer relationships, business development, issue resolution, and timely, efficient emergency and preventative service.
- Responsible for development and execution of strong safety culture and behaviors across all levels of Service Operations, including safety inspections, committees, communications, investigations, and prevention.
- Identification and prioritization of service requirements, in addition to detailed job planning with aim of maintaining and driving service operations profitability.
- Development of accurate budget forecasts, project budget oversight, and identification of potential cost saving and risk mitigation measures.
- Periodization of schedule revisions to ensure timely, effective customer support in alignment with contract provisions and customer need.
- Responsible for creation and review of contracts and estimates by utilization of risk analysis processes and risk plan development.
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals in concert with service supervisory personnel in recommendation of merit increases, in addition to the management of hiring, promotion, development, and disciplinary processes.
- Supports development, coaching, and onboarding of new Service team members.
- Compile, analyze, and utilize market conditions and data trends towards the maintenance of a strong Service Department in regard to performance and customer and employee relations.
- Facilitate interdepartmental collaboration for purpose of addressing any organizational process concerns, in addition to invoicing and/or collection issues as required.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School• Bachelor's Degree• Master's Degree• Other: OR Five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.•
Preferred level:• High School• •Bachelor/Associate Degree• Master's Degree• Other
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- Strong background in management/leadership function.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in high pressure situations with effective stress management skills.
- Frequent 24/7 availability.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours, as required.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Travel within region as required.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.