Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained, temperature-controlled merchandisers. Maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities with some direction from a Master or Lead Technician.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers. Operating knowledge of self-contained refrigeration, heating and air conditioning units with some direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician
- To perform preventative maintenance, compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs resulting in 100% customer satisfaction.
- Repair leaks on racks or single-unit piping, solder with copper-to-brass and copper to steel, diagnose low air flow, install PVC drainpipe, use temperature meters and sensors, receive, uncrate and properly hang blower coils, locate refrigeration leaks, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, power wash air-cooled condensing units, replace any component on a rack and perform walk-in case installation with some direction from a Master or Lead Technician.
- Complete necessary documents (work tickets and time sheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate ability to utilize a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements
- Maintain and manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable)
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma/GED and certification from a technical school with 3 years of experience or high school diploma/GED and 5 years of experience in the field
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration/HVAC
- Valid driver's license to maintain a safe driving record in accordance with the fleet policy
- EPA certification
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend, crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds, all repetitively and for extended periods
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Work nights and/or weekends as required
- Strong leadership and business acumen
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-orientated and highly motivated
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factors.