The Human Resource Generalist (HRG) performs support duties at the corporate site. In this role, the individual works closely with HR Leaders to support Hussmann Corporate functions ' Commercial (Equipment Sales and Portfolio Solutions), Manufacturing, Information Technology, Business Strategy, Finance, and Legal/Compliance. This role will have direct support responsibilities for: HRIS business processing and reporting, onboarding and offboarding, company policies and procedures, and HR program coordination. This position requires an extremely self-motivated and detail-oriented person who can navigate multiple priorities by using strong organizational and communication skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain and process appropriate HR documentation and administrative onboarding procedures. Manage background check/drug screen process for Corporate.
- Conduct offboarding activities and exit interviews to collect relevant data to provide input on future hiring decisions and company culture improvements.
- Initiate and track tasks/changes in HRIS (Workday) for employees and managers. Monitor approval workflow to ensure tasks are processed timely.
- Supports employee recognition activities and programs.
- Coordinate necessary documentation from corporate employees regarding tuition reimbursements and process enrollment and reimbursement.
- Oversees the leave of absence process. Educates and councils employees and managers on FMLA rights and responsibilities. Monitor and process approved benefits (STD) for employees.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; audits Forms I-9.
- Responds timely to unemployment claims.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management or related field
- 6 months Human Resources related experience
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office-Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- HRMS experience (Workday Preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage all levels of the organization
- Solutions-driven approach to problem solving
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.