Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
About this role:
You will oversee the complete installation and startup of refrigeration systems to include; electrical/wiring, EMS, piping, cases and related components commonly installed in supermarket, convenient stores. You will support other technicians as a resource for information and guidance You will directly work with customers to ensure satisfactory job completion.
- Understand detailed plans and submittals as related to specific installations of refrigeration equipment and building automation systems.
- Provide installation or instruct others on control wiring, power wiring and electrical components per the project drawings.
- Complete the vacuum process to achieve industries standards or customer requirements.
- Provide final termination of all control wiring.
- Complete overhead layout and run line sets, case lineup, pipe and layout drains, demo walk-in, install new, hang, pipe, drain evaporator coils, pressurize, pull vacuums and pump down rack, add system to rack and perform oil changes, and troubleshoot supermarket refrigeration equipment.
- Provide installation of controls to ensure complete operation of newly installed and existing equipment and building automation systems.
- Complete necessary documents (time sheets) to complete necessary customer paperwork for invoicing requirements.
- Comprehend plans and blueprints regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management, refrigerant leak systems and refrigeration load requirements.
- Interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Perform startup and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment and systems. Checks newly installed equipment for operation I/A/W engineering or factory specifications.
- Ensure all components and systems are installed per applicable city and trade code.
- Work directly with other subcontractors or vendors to insure proper operation of equipment.
- Report to Installation Manager or Project Manager.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School Diploma or 10+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Preferred level: Technical Degree
- EPA 608 Level III Certification.
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Will work nights, weekends and out of town.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Experience developing customer relationships.
- Experience making difficult decisions, using rational reasoning.
- Experience working individually and as part of a diverse team.
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
Installation - Lead
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.