About this Role:
You will help with the Installation of refrigeration systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will report to the Install Supervisor. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Complete assigned projects to customer satisfaction.
- Acquire knowledge through on the job training, which includes new product developments, service bulletins and issues.
- Complete necessary documents (time sheets, customer invoices, and electronic forms).
- Read and comprehend blueprints by trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management and refrigerant leak systems.
- Solder copper pipe, including configuring 90 degree, 45 degree, tees and other fittings.
- Diagnose water-leaks.
- Remove cases from truck without damage
- Install PVC drain pipe.
- Locate and set superheat specification.
- Receive and hang blower coils.
- Install orifice and thermostatic expansion valves.
- Locate refrigeration leak, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, identify pipe size and fittings by sight
- Power wash air-cooled condensing units, and layout complex coolers.
- Interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education: High School OR Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Preferred level: Technical Degree, EPA 608 Certification
Experience: 1 year of experience with HS/GED, Zero years of experience with Tech Degree
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- Will work nights and/or weekends.
- Experience leading others in the workplace.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Experience developing customer relationships.
- Experience making difficult decisions, using rational reasoning.
- Experience working individually and as part of a diverse team.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
Installation Technician I
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.