Hussmann's Internship Program provides a meaningful, professional experience while working as a solutions leader for the food retailing industry. Hussmann interns receive great compensation, participate in community stewardship, network with company leadership, and learn about career opportunities available at Hussmann.
As a Finance Intern in the 2024 Hussmann Summer Internship Program, you will gain experience and insight into the day in the life of a financial and accounting professional. You will work across the department on various accounting and finance functions consisting of forecasting, reporting, analysis, and month end close responsibilities.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Assist with performing financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with preparing and analyzing monthly closing reports and entries.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards.
- Review the P&L throughout the month to identify and resolve trend issues.
- Assist with analyzing and preparing capital expenditure requests.
- Assist with reconciling perpetual inventory balances to the general ledger and resolve variances
- Report and analyze margins by product and customer category.
- Network with senior leaders, associates, and other program interns to learn about our organization.
- Attend tours of Hussmann's 1.6 million square foot manufacturing facility, our Global Hub, and the R&D Lab.
- Participate in community stewardship outreach, offsite, career development events.
- Complete in our annual Hussmann Shark Tank Program.
Shark Tank Program: Throughout the twelve-week program, Hussmann interns will compete with a team of fellow interns in the Hussmann Shark Tank Program. After being divided into cross-functional groups, interns will work to find a solution to the provided problem statement. They will then present the solution to a panel of Sharks (Hussmann Leadership Team and executive leaders) and the organization to compete in the Shark Tank competition.
- Currently enrolled in school pursuing a minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Strong computer skills
- Pursing a bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous internship experience
- Experience with Power BI
The summer internship will run from approximately the third week of May through the 2nd week of August.
For more than 115 years, Hussmann has been a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way.
Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for Better Businesses, Better Partners, and a Better World. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.