The Junior Product Manager is an entry level position responsible for supporting the strategy execution and new product development plans for the CO2 portfolio, that includes gas coolers, rack systems, distributed systems & condensing units. The Junior Product Manager will take direction and provide feedback to the Sr. Product Leader, CO2 solutions and sales teams, to assist in positioning Hussmann CO2 product solutions through advertising, marketing collateral, communications, presentations, technical bulletins, websites, and video development. This role will also collaborate and engage the market research team to develop surveys and gather market intelligence through industry reports, attend trade shows to gather voice of the customer (VOC) information to drive data-based decisions.
- Market Research: Gather product data, market segmentations, and trends through research via VOC, industry reports, regulatory, and other vehicles while providing ideas for the product roadmap.
- Competitive Analysis: Understand competitor CO2 solutions and trends, monitor changes, gather pricing, and update SWOT assessments and perceptual maps while developing new ideas to incorporate into the product funnel for product development, improvements, and line extensions. Provide timely information to sales teams to leverage advantages findings may have.
- Customer Needs: Understanding & Product Strategy: Analyze customers' product requirements, input, and feedback to ensure current and new products continuously meet the needs not only of the customer but also the markets Hussmann serves.
- New Product Innovation: Participate in cross-functional development teams within the product innovation process while working closely with the program management team to deliver product solutions in-line with the strategic plan.
- Product Management: Execute on selected product management activities that support the existing and upcoming product lines to ensure on-time completion and rapid response to customer driven requests.
- Product Marketing: Collaborate with Marketing Communications for the development of sales support materials for all products to ensure products are fully supported with literature, new product launch packages, sales tools, web page content, and product support materials. Interact with sales teams to gather information on competitive selling tools. Engage with customers as required to support the commercialization of products.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required
- 0 to 1 years of experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic industry
- Aspirations to be a part of team delivering new solutions to the marketplace
- Able to read and comprehend basic business financial documents
- Strong attention to detail with documentation and end customer feedback
- Exceptional communication skills for presentations, crafting value statements and interacting with customers
- Must be a self-starter with ability to identify barriers and seek out direction or assistance
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal, and collaboration skills working with internal and external constituents
- Ability to travel up to 30%
This position is based out of our Suwanee, GA location.