Plan, organize and direct manufacturing activities for specific areas of the plant to meet established plant objectives. Serve as a teacher, coach and advisor to facilitate teamwork and continued employee development. Act as a resource to less senior supervisors and in most cases has supervisors reporting to him/her.
1. Provide manufacturing process and team support to complex operations. Offer direction, expertise and effort in specific manufacturing areas. Maintain focus on meeting plant objectives in safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost.
2. Collaborate on various black belt and green belt Lean Six Sigma projects. Consistently lead at least 2 green belt projects annually. Provide support, direction, and expertise on lean six-sigma projects of less senior supervisors.
3. Leads the largest manufacturing units totaling a minimum of 100 total reports. Function as interim Focus Factory Manager, as needed.
4. Mentor and support the efforts and activities of less senior supervisors. Facilitate and actively participate in the development and training of supervisors and hourly employees.
5. Sponsor customer/dealer visits to the plant.
6. Drive major change initiatives, such as employee involvement programs. (Must also complete the requirements for Manufacturing Supervisor I, II, & III.)
• 5+ Years Experience. Must have a minimum of two years experience each in both feeder and assembly departments
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, to including ability to deliver effective presentations. Must also display a high level of attention to the perspectives, needs, and concerns of others.
• Must have demonstrable knowledge of key manufacturing principles and processes.
• 6 Sigma – green belt certification
• Lean training
• Leadership Skills training
• OSHA/STOP training
• Must complete IRU Courses-Interpersonal Skills, Team Leadership, Roadmap for Change, Business Acumen, and Leader Level People Management.
Note: External must have completed or be in the process of completing an advanced degree. Internal candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are in the process of completing a degree.
Production Supervisor II
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.