You will work directly with the installation manager to ensure the timely completion of assigned projects with a focus on supermarket refrigeration. Responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction by managing all on-site commercial refrigeration projects for new stores and store remodels.
- Performs building surveys of HVAC and refrigeration equipment/controls and operational costs; validates preliminary information with customers
- Establishes and maintains relationships with subcontractors; prepares requests for quotation including scope statements, plans, specs, and bonding requirements
- Performs construction plan review or other requirements as determined by project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all customers' facility requirements
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for customers' problems
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet entire building system design/installation requirements
- Prepares, finalizes, reviews preliminary and/or final proposal
- Handles all aspects related to on-site field personnel management to ensure safety, quality, and timely production
- Creates detailed cost estimates consisting of controls, service agreements, materials, mechanical/electrical/other subcontractors, purchased equipment, labor, and other construction-related activities to assist account managers in bidding on or determining project price
- Utilizes plans, specifications, and knowledge of controls/construction industry to analyze project needs
- Responsible for estimating and pricing of controls materials, services and/or equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, and other variables
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, develops schedules/project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish project objectives
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and/or risk factors on various projects
- Clarifies, reconciles, and adjusts information gaps and scope deviations with operations group; resolves major deviations from scope with team after project scope validation
- Maintains quote log consisting of closed, open, and lost orders
- Carries out additional responsibilities as assigned
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC systems is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen; ability to manage small and large crews of construction professionals.
- Working knowledge of applicable construction/safety federal, state, and county codes and regulations.
- Ability to maintain highest level of customer service always.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must work outside of regular hours.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Travel within region as required
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience in HVAC/R project management and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.