You will be working as part of a larger software development team to ensure cost savings and environmental stewardship within the industry. You will accomplish this through developing a solution with a mix of IoT, Cloud, and Machine Learning technology. Specifically, you will work with the other members of the StoreConnect software engineering team to develop, implement, and maintain the edge-device software necessary to acquire data from commercial refrigeration systems. You will be individually responsible for expanding, improving, and maintaining edge-device data gathering, system configuration and system monitoring. This will include development mostly in Python with some C support/porting into Python.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write production quality python code for existing commercial product
- Work to improve and maintain data acquisition process
- Integrate new data sources into product
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Integration with existing data gathering code and upload APIs
- Help to develop tests to verify integrated solution
- Responsible for the performance and verification of the newly integrated software
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years C/C++ experience
- 6+ years Python experience (object oriented)
- Requires strong expertise in Linux and familiarity with REST APIs, serial communication protocols and networking configuration.
- Experience with low level hardware interactions in code (Python/C)
- Extensive Experience with Linux development/deployment environment
- Experience with version control systems
- Comfortable developing and integrating code into an existing code base
Additional Preferred Skills
- Familiarity with a variety of data formats: JSON, CSV
- Familiarity with hardware communication protocols: MODBUS, UART, SPI
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Familiarity with firmware and programming of PLC or other industrial control hardware, especially in refrigeration or facility management industries.
- Ability to take initiative and effect change
- Excellent analytical skills and detail orientation
- Enjoys working with low-level data
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Documentation skills
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career.
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non merit-based factor.