About the Role:
The company is looking for someone with strong accounting and analytical skills that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Accounting and Finance Organization. The Accountant II has a key role in the monthly close process, in addition to the monthly forecast and annual plan processes. They are accountable for the integrity of our financial statements and accuracy in our forecasting and planning. They should identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities while partnering with teammates and other functional areas within Corporate Finance and other functional areas. They serve as a critical member of the Corporate Accounting team and should have a desire and passion to be a team player and mentor for entry-level accountants.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for calculating and allocating shared expenses to business cost centers
- Supports freight accounting process, providing backup support and guidance to Hussmann India team. Maintain accrual balances and monthly reconciliations
- Responsible for managing fixed assets and capital expenditure reporting and process
- Prepares other manual journal entries related to key assets, reserves, miscellaneous accruals, and prepaids
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Analyzes cost centers on trends and variance analysis
- Provides support and finance guidance to business partners, acting as lead liaison between accounting and overhead departments
- Supports quarterly and yearly audits with external and internal auditors
- Drives process improvements, efficiencies, and leads projects supporting Hussmann strategic initiatives
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2-4 Years of accounting experience
- CPA Preferred
- Experience in a Shared Services/Corporate Accounting environment
- Experience working in a multi-system environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (Proficient using v-lookups, pivots and other formulas in excel. Experience with Macros a plus).
- Oracle, Hyperion, or OneStream experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently, strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to manage competing priorities
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.