Work with members of the StoreConnect engineering team to develop, implement, and maintain the back-end QA systems for an IoT / Machine Learning / data analytics platform. Individually responsible for existing automated test environments plus the development, implementation, support, and integration of new test tools.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and development of all internal quality test systems.
- Assure the reliability, usability, and performance of those systems.
- Work with teams to make testing an integral part of the software development process.
- Assist in driving adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability.
- Identify areas of improvement in QA processes, tools, and techniques.
- Automated test execution, analysis of results, and creation of quality metrics.
- Integrate with existing data storage solutions and data access APIs.
- Develop reports and user interfaces that meet the requirements of users.
- Write robust code that can operate in 24/7 processing environment.
- Aid others in the backend development of our commercial product as needed.
- Responsible for building user interfaces and reports from the QA systems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or comparable certification.
- 6+ years of progressive back-end experience.
- 3+ years proven track record programming in Python and using Python-based back-end frameworks.
- 3+ years proven track record of being able to provide back-end solutions for complex, data rich applications.
- Technical qualifications:
- Proficient with SQL and relational databases.
- Familiar with one or more no-SQL databases.
- Experience with Flask or other Python-based back-end frameworks.
- Familiar with HTML and CSS development and implementation.
- Experience with developing, integrating code into an existing code base, and using version control.
- Experience using Monitoring and diagnostic tools such as Datadog or AWS Inspector.
Additional preferred skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Strong communications and documentation skills.
- Familiar with cloud computing and cloud hosting services.
- Familiar with Linux environment.
- Competency with JIRA.
- Familiar with AWS services.
- AWS certification.
The salary range of $61,425 - $118,125 is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.