The Professional HVAC Technician will provide HVAC services with specific responsibility for: identifying repair and/or replacement needs, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment, assisting other skilled trades, and ensuring that tools and materials are available at the job site. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but the management team may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems
- Monitors HVAC systems and operations and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules and standards
- Diagnose repair and maintain HVAC systems. Ensures that routine preventative maintenance is performed according to established schedules and standards
- Diagnose, repairs and/or replaces filters, valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pump, heaters, compressors, evaporators, condensers, piping and other functional components of the system
- Install new HVAC split systems, roof top units and air handling units as required for commercial buildings.
- Participates in Technician on-call rotation as required by business needs
- Complies with company safety and risk management policies/procedures, reports accidents/injuries in a timely manner, participates in safety meetings/training and applies OSHA and local safety requirements at all times
- Manage truck inventory. Orders, receives, bills out and maintains parts responsibly with a minimum of waste
- Care for assigned vehicle within company guidelines. Maintain clean vehicle, perform maintenance on time
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 5 years' HVAC experience or 5 years combination HVAC technical education and experience
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred
- Strong leadership and business acumen
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- High school diploma
- Possess a valid driver's license and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the fleet policy
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds, repetitively and for an external period
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail-orientated and highly motivated
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to work nights and/or weekends as required
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factors.