You will maintain, diagnose, and repair refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores, and cold storage facilities. You will work with minimum guidance and develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Have enough system knowledge to match customer needs with potential sales opportunities.
- Manage truck inventory. Orders, receives, bills out and maintains parts responsibly with a minimum of waste. Manages assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintains a clean vehicle, performs required maintenance on time.
- Complete necessary documents and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to utilize hand-held device to complete necessary paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Ability to systematically utilize mirror and flashlight to check all joints, install PVC drainpipe with minimal supervision, set and trim cases, install and adjust glass doors and frames, use temperature sensors and gauges, determine proper coil layout in complex boxes, and locate refrigerant leaks
- Accurately identify pipe size and fittings by sight, perform system refrigerant and oil conversions and test oil during conversion and electric weld a variety of metals and joint types.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and correctly size thermostatic expansion valves.
- Working knowledge of pressure regulators as they pertain to pressurized gases.
- Working knowledge of energy management systems
- Ability to locate and repair leaks on refrigeration rack systems and single-compressor units
- Understand and adhere to work safety policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years in commercial refrigeration; supermarket experienced preferred; strong HVAC
- High school diploma/GED/vocational school or 5+ years' experience in lieu of education
- Knowledge of refrigeration, electrical and microprocessor control systems
- Understanding of single-unit and parallel rack systems, display cases and walk-in boxes
- Valid driver's license and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the fleet policy
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, detail-orientated and motivated
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required
- EPA Universal Certification
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated
- Able to correctly teach all the previously listed items
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factors.