You will deliver drafting and support services to the sales department. The primary accountabilities include the accurate production of drawing sets for sales and construction purposes. Document management and engineering support are also required. Designer Drafters work with the development, programmer, and Manufacturing Engineer to develop CAD models and engineering drawings to help produce prototypes, final design, manufacturing, and quality specifications. You will report to the Design Drafting Supervisor.
- You will work with senior engineering and sales staff to provide comprehensive drawing sets.
- Work on Revit Families creation and parametric work, including shared parameters file/library.
- Produce Revit detailed layout drawings using supermarket construction methods.
- Correspond with field installation personnel to continually improve design concepts.
- Apply knowledge of applicable codes in the development of project drawings.
- Maintain organized job files and oversee archiving of documents.
- Develop and maintain drafting standards.
- Follow document/drawing management procedures to ensure proper document control maintained.
- Assure that proper review processes are followed prior to the release of documents.
- Assist engineering staff and the sales department in the creation of proposal and bid documents.
- Partner with factory personnel to obtain submittal and design data for manufactured equipment.
- Assist the engineering staff with load calculation, line sizing and equipment specification.
- Associates Degree in Design/Drafting required
- 4 + years of applicable experience
- Prior experience using AutoCAD required
- Knowledge of supermarket refrigeration systems.
- Able to travel for site surveys and project reviews.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Excel and Revit is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skill with the ability to converse with sales personnel, engineers/architects, vendors, trade representatives and customers.
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
The hourly range of $21.10-40.58 is just one component of Hussmann's total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual's knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.