Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for concept layout, design and development, via 3D CAD software, of refrigeration system products, components or services from product specifications.
- Learn our customers' needs and follow the processes required for developing and releasing the product at a high-quality level and at a given deadline.
- Learn and follow the processes used for implementation of product releases and engineering change notices. Ensures the correct processes and tools are utilized for implementation.
- Responsible for learning and suggesting improvements of overall innovation, quality, function, and cost of product. Participate in studies of new and existing designs to incorporate new cost-effective technology to maintain competitive edge.
- Utilize contemporary Engineering processes and tools such as Computer Aided Design, Reliability Analysis, VA/VE, A3, 8D, DFMEA, FRACAS, etc.
- Responsible for accuracy of all engineering information issued regarding assigned projects including PLM related attributes (Siemens Teamcenter), layered BOM structure (Epicor ERP), product specifications, test reports, design review documentation, etc. Initiate and produce technical input for product documentation.
- Participate in developing detailed specifications, detailed program plans and work breakdown structure, milestones, major review, schedule, cost, etc.
- Complete programs on schedule and on budget meeting all technical and customer requirements.
- Provide guidance and timely support during preproduction and first few production builds.
- Capable of following project plans and communicating status.
- Maintain technical competence and up-to-date knowledge on all relevant mechanical, electrical, manufacturing and computer technologies. Attend training courses as needed.
- Responsible for learning and following the processes required for releasing a product at a high-quality level. Participates in the implementation of product releases and engineering change notices. Ensures the correct processes and tools are available for implementation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is Required or other technical degree i.e. computer science, chemistry, physics, metallurgy, etc.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency using 3D solid modeling CAD software (Solid Edge preferred)
- Low-level project management experience and a general understanding of manufacturing processes preferred
- General understanding of refrigeration systems, thermo-dynamics, heat transfer and structural analysis principles preferred.
- Basic electrical wiring knowledge a plus.
- Sheet metal design experience a plus.
- Travel requirements to additional facilities for troubleshooting, validation and alignment on product designs. Including manufacturing and customer locations.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non merit-based factor.