About this Role:
You will support the service, installation and warehouse teams with the completion of their tasks by performing such functions as furnishing tools, materials and supplies to other workers, maintaining a clean work area, machines and tools and holding materials or tools for other workers. You will report to the Install Foreman.
- Assist service, installation, and warehouse teams with completion of their tasks by performing such functions as furnishing tools, materials and supplies to other workers, maintaining a clean work area, machines and tools and holding materials or tools for other workers
- Assist with shipping and receiving of materials, staging and inventory
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Assist with assembly of gang boxes and job materials for projects
- Assist with positioning of vehicles, machinery, equipment, and other items for assembly, installation, and service
- Assist with maintenance of physical structures/offices by doing general work
- Ability to visit job sites as need to deliver and exchange parts, tools or equipment as needed
- Occasional help on job sites to help move or set equipment and cases
- High school or GED
- 0 - 5 years' relevant experience
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend, and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds, repetitively and for an external period
- Ability to use computer and phone
- Have working knowledge of hand tools and construction environment
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is a plus
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
General Laborer - Installation
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.