Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
The Refrigeration Installation/Startup Technician is responsible for performing start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment and systems. Completes all required documentation and routes to appropriate manager/supervisor. Interfaces with customers and clients, internal managers and vendors. Works under limited supervision, makes decisions based on expertise, knowledge and coordination with internal management.
- You will perform startup and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC/R, plumbing and electrical components, equipment and systems
- Complete all required documentation and route to appropriate manager/supervisor
- Communicate with customers and clients, internal managers and vendors
- Work, based on expertise, knowledge and coordination with internal management
- Follow fairly well-defined procedures but have the authority to deviate from them if the technical situation warrants a change
- Check newly installed equipment for operation following engineering or factory specifications
- Ensure all components and systems are installed per applicable city and trade code
- Interpret drawings, identify errors/omissions, and advise the appropriate supervisor
- Install, Connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, sensors, controllers, and mechanical parts related to the plans
- Disassembles and reassembles commercial mechanical and plumbing equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance. Ensure newly installed equipment is level and aligned
- Explain the work performed to the satisfaction of the customer, startup, and commissioning of building automation and refrigeration systems
- Provide installation of controls to ensure complete operation of newly installed and existing equipment and building automation and refrigeration systems
- Diagnoses HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and electrical system performance through observation, testing and setup per plans and specifications
- Read and comprehend plans and blueprints to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management and refrigerant leak systems
- Interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable)
- Report to the Installation Manager
- High School OR Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience with HSD/GED
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Mechanical aptitude
- Work nights, weekends and out of town as required
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
Installation Technician - Start Up
REQ: REQ-138725 Service/Installation
- Powder Springs, GA, Estados Unidos
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.