great compensation, participate in community stewardship, network with company leadership, and learn about career opportunities available at Hussmann. '
As a Manufacturing Engineering Intern in the Sheet Metal Department, you will gain experience and insight into the day in the life of an engineering professional. You'll work across the engineering team to provide new product development support.
You will have the opportunity to: '
- Work in Hussmann's manufacturing facility in the sheet metal department to assist in improving process and reducing sheet metal waste.
- Observe current manufacturing process and assist with documenting new and existing processes to create work instructions.
- Focus on top sheet metal scrap issues and suggest solutions and innovations to drive reduction.
- Network with senior leaders, associates, and other program interns to learn about our organization.
- Attend tours of Hussmann's 1.6 million square foot manufacturing facility, our Global Hub, and the R&D Lab.
- Participate in community stewardship outreach, offsite, and career development events.
- Compete in our annual Shark Tank Program.
Shark Tank Program: Throughout the twelve-week program, Hussmann interns will compete with a team of fellow interns in the Hussmann Shark Tank Program. After being divided into cross-functional groups, interns will work to find a solution to the provided problem statement. They will then present the solution to a panel of Sharks (Hussmann Leadership Team and executive leaders) and the organization to compete in the Shark Tank competition.
- Currently enrolled in school pursuing a minimum of a bachelor's degree'
- Minimum 3.0 GPA'
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills'
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.''
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization''
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and demonstrate strong attention to detail''
- Highly motivated and eager to learn''
- Strong computer skills''
- Ability to relocate, if not local'
- Previous internship experience in a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of refrigeration systems, thermo-dynamics, heat transfer and structural analysis principles is a plus
- Basic electrical wiring knowledge is a plus
- Sheet metal design experience is a plus
The summer internship will run from approximately the third week of May through the second week of August. These dates may be changed to meet the needs of the student.
Hussmann has been a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way.
Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for Better Businesses, Better Partners, and a Better World. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA.'
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.